NOTE: WE ARE MOVING TO https://revel.rebel.org.br/index.php/revista as of 2022
Presentation – The REVEL
The ‘Journal of Ludic Studies’ (REVEL) gathers different efforts of contribution in research and production of ludic initiatives. It follows a tradition of research in the Portuguese Language, however it also welcomes articles in Spanish and English. It accepts texts from extremely academic articles as well as reports of development by students and professionals.
Editorial guidance of REVEL
The broad ludic experience, as we name it here from the beginning title, is ‘ludic studies’. The word experience is useful in the characterization of epistemological, editorial and ethical principles of the journal..
Such experience articulates a conflicting point in theory and its practice. Epistemologically, the characterization of what gaming, playing or of what ludic is, frequently generates restrictive specialities as when one who studies digital games solely admitting a set of explicit rules, or when a scholar specialized in games turns his back to a gymkhana. Here we choose for the opposite: how the ludic experience evolves with technic (from traditional tabletop games, with its masters and leagues, to the e-sports, with its teams of youngsters and devoted fans, or of humor with its futility as a healing game), epistemologically, we choose, aligned with what the Brazilian Network of Ludic Studies, the transdisciplinarity as a long time strategy to the study of Homo Ludens.
Therefore, editorially, the purpose of the journal privileges the open debate, possibly at the expense of some hermetic speciality that are well accepted
elsewhere. The plurality is unavoidable in a journal that has its basis on the Forum of Academic Studies (FAEL) which is an event based on the epistemological strategy described above and experienced, in its first five years (from 2014), an influx of works which apparently represent a wide recurrent profile in our ludic globalized society. More specially, they represent the Brazilian situation (such as the experiences with ludification of teaching, on the one hand, and the human product of graduate technological courses on the other hand. They are recurring characteristics).
From the ethical point of view, a journal should take experience into its role. In the collective existence, ethics becomes politics: the values and principles of the agents that play are objects of negotiation and strategy according to the needs and contingent. In REBEL experience, this means editorial choices concerning the scope of the articles, of the texts edition, and of acceptable formats. Keeping reports on product development and graduate students, for example, instead of establishing academic titles as a requirement of authorship, it is a strategic choice favoring plurality and cooperation that characterize both FAEL and REBEL. Therefore, the addition of newspaper sections, or even humorous ones, is not a deviation of the path to knowledge. It is a necessary errancia in the ludic experience.
Ernane Guimarães Neto (editor)
Lucas C. Meneguette (associated editor)
Home page of Revista de Estudos Lúdicos – ISSN 2675-3545
REVEL 2 Launched on the 28th of May, 2020, on https://www.facebook.com/rebeludicos/
Present Edition of REVEL:
We also have a HD edition of REVEL n.1 (50MB)
Read number 1:
REVEL No.1 (2019) We also have a HD version (50 mega)
The REBEL is proud to gather and publish a variety of table top board games!
Check more on our journal pages:
More texts related to FAEL
Some of the articles presented at the II FAEL THAT were published on Revista Tecnológica da Fatec Americana, v. 4, n. 2 (2016):
- ECONOMIAS LÚDICAS: o game design aliado ao estudo econômico no combate da hiperinflação em jogos online – Lucas Trindade Raposo
- MECÂNICA GENÉRICA DE JOGOS APLICADA EM DIFERENTES PLATAFORMAS – Maurício Pacces Vicente, Luiz Augusto Dinamarca Barna, Lisiane Fachinetto
- O PAPEL DAS VOZES NA CARACTERIZAÇÃO DE PERSONAGENS DO GÊNERO HIGH FANTASY EM JOGOS DIGITAIS – Pâmela Adami Martins, Lucas Meneguette]
- Utilización de los juegos digitales en la educación – María Martha Fernández Ricci, Marcelo Henrique dos Santos
|Some of the articles presented during the III FAELWERE published on Revista Sapere, Edição Especial 3o FAEL:
- A GAMIFICAÇÃO NO PROCESSO DE APRENDIZAGEM DE LIBRAS
Lucas T. R. Rios, Prof. Dr. Sérgio R. Basbaum.
- TICS: UM POSSÍVEL CAMINHO À INCLUSÃO DIGITAL POR MEIO DE UMA PRÁTICA DE DESENVOLVIMENTO DE GAMES
Aleson Soares dos Santos, Luis Augusto Alvim Correa, Renan Almeida Rodrigues, Prof. Me. Patricia Glaucia Moreno.
- O JOGO NOS QUATRO PLANOS
Pá Falcão Moreno.
- ROTEIRO PARA JOGOS: UM NOVO OLHAR PELA PERSPECTIVA DOS QUADRINHOS
Selene H. Q. Pinheiro, Profa. Dra. Lisiane Fachinetto.
- INFLUÊNCIA DO VIÉS COGNITIVO NO PROCESSO DECISÓRIO: CONSTRUINDO O GAMEPLAY DE FORMA SISTEMÁTICA E COERENTE COM A REALIDADE DO JOGADOR
Apostolos Antonopoulos, Eliana Casagrande Ricca Antonopoulos, Marcelo Henrique Dos Santos.
- LUDIFICAÇÃO APLICADA
Me. Luiz A. D. Barna
- LABORATORY MAKING: HOW ANALYTICAL TEAM PLAY IMPACTS LEARNING AND RESEARCH
Ernane Guimarães Neto, Lisiane Fachinetto.
- GAMIFICAÇÃO NO ENSINO DE METODOLOGIA CIENTÍFICA
Beatriz Ribeiro dos Santos, Camila Canuto da Silva, João Mattar.
- A EVOLUÇÃO DO MARKETING DIGITAL: COMUNICAÇÃO E MARKETING ATRAVÉS DO AUXÍLIO DOS JOGOS DIGITAIS
Marcelo Henrique dos Santos, Thiago Saboya.
- ELEMENTOS PRÉVIOS A UMA DISCUSSÃO SOBRE O CÍRCULO MÁGICO
Saulo de Oliveira Machado, Luís Carlos Petry.
- JOGOS CASUAIS NA CONTEMPORANEIDADE: “ANGRY BIRDS”, UM ESTUDO DE CASO
Guilherme de Almeida Barbosa, Profa. Dra. Lisiane Fachinetto.
- DESENVOLVIMENTO DE PROTÓTIPO 2D COM TOUCH CONTROL EM DISPOSITIVOS MOBILE
Carolina de Castro Caputo, Karla Thiemi Quispe Iyogi, Lucas Dias da Silva, Victor Alexandre Rocha, Marcelo Henrique dos Santos.
- VOZES DE MONSTROS: A IMPORTÂNCIA DO DESENHO SONORO NA CARACTERIZAÇÃO DE PERSONAGENS DE HORROR
Prof. Dr. Lucas Correia Meneguette, Matheus Sales Andreoli.
More on https://www.rebel.org.br/fael/historico-do-fael/